This is a newly created role within the Engineering function and an opportunity for an existing Mamas & Papas colleague to progress. Reporting to the Head of Compliance and Engineering, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading the engineering team to deliver functional expertise that supports the delivery of products to market. Key responsibilities include:
- Allocating and ensuring that projects are delivered collaboratively, on time and within budget.
- Leading a team to deliver innovative solutions to mechanical challenges, utilising data and prototypes to validate concepts, defining technical detail and producing bills of materials.
- Ensuring products are designed and engineered to meet the capabilities of the supplier and raw material minimum order quantities.
- Working with suppliers to ensure that products are manufactured commercially and meet the quality, safety and brand standards.
- Reviewing all cost prices and margins, making proposals to enhance margins.
- Keeping abreast of product integrity and compliance requirements, sharing best practice with the team.
- Providing daily guidance and coaching to a team of engineers, driving forward ways of working and developing best practice.
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with the Design, Buying and Product Quality teams.
We are seeking an established Engineer within the Mamas & Papas team. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- A delivery focussed approach combined with the ability to work under pressure.
- An exceptional ability to problem solve and champion doing the right thing in the right way.
- Taking ownership alongside being self-motivated and resilient in the face of adversity.
- An aptitude for leadership.